MEMORY VERSE: “‘Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do,’ says the LORD Almighty, ‘I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you!’” (Malachi 3:10)
I. QUESTION: WHY AS CHRISTIANS MUST WE TITHE?
1. It shows our love for God. (John 12:3)
2. All of it belongs to God anyway. Therefore whatever we have is only because he has given it to us. (Haggai 2:8; 1 Chronicles 29:14)
3. It supports those who give their time to spreading the Gospel. (3 John 6:8)
II. QUESTION: WHAT KIND OF ATTITUDE DO YOU NEED TO HAVE WHEN YOU TITHE?
1. God loves a cheerful giver. (2 Corinthians 9:6-7)
2. We must give freely to meet the needs. (Acts 4:34-35)
3. We must give in secret, that is we should not be proud of what we’ve given. (Matthew 6:3,4)
III. QUESTION: DOES GOD WANT US TO BE BLESSED?
ANSWER: YES! Even though our riches in Christ are spiritual riches, John prays that we will physically prosper in the same way. (3 John 2)
1. Old Testament: God is continually helping us. (Psalm 35:27b)
2. New Testament: Jesus become poor to make us rich. (2 Corinthians 8:9)
IV. QUESTION: ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE, WHO IS THE RICHEST AND MOST BLESSED?
ANSWER: According to the Bible the one who is willing to give up all riches for the sake of the kingdom of God is really the richest person. The one who does not desire any of the things this world offers is truly rich. (Mark 10:21; Acts 20:33)
V. QUESTION: HOW CAN WE RECEIVE BLESSINGS FROM GOD?
ANSWER: When we give the tithe to God, he promises he will bless us. (Malachi 3:8-19)
1. We rob God when we do not give the tithe. Furthermore, God will bless when give out of our need. (Malachi 3:8b; Luke 21:4; 2 Corinthians 8:3-4)
2. Tithing is giving 1/10 of your income to God. It’s 1/10 of anything you get. (Malachi 3:8-10; Matthew 23:23)
VI. QUESTION: WHAT IS THE RESULT OF TITHING?
1. God will produce a harvest from the seeds you’ve invested. (2 Corinthians 9:10-11)
2. The needs of the Christians are met and that leads them to thank God. (2 Corinthians 9:12)
3. It glorifies God. (2 Corinthians 9:13)
VII. QUESTION: WHAT IS THE ATTITUDE OF A CHRISTIAN TOWARD MONEY AND THE PLEASURES OF THIS LIFE?
1. The wealth of this world is worthless, because one day it will all pass away. (James 5:1-5)
2. The love of money is dangerous, and leads to all kinds of wickedness. (1 Timothy 6:9,10)
3. We do not love this world, for if we did we would not love God. (1 John 2:15)
4. Money cannot bring happiness, but often leads to sin. (Luke 15:11-14)